We are very keen for new members to join us. It doesn’t matter whether you have yet to start beekeeping, or have been doing it for some time, as our members range from beginners through to the very experienced.
Why become a member?
Get help and advice from other members
Attend ‘Home Visits’ and gain practical experience from other members’ hives
Visit our apiary and gain practical experience from members of the apiary team
Access to the MBKA book and DVD library
Use of MBKA equipment (see below under “MBKA Equipment”).
Affiliation to the Welsh Beekeepers’ Association – benefits include: third party and bee disease insurance, and a quarterly magazine.
Current members: We are now using the same form for both new members and renewals.
Membership Form: You can download the Membership Form in PDF format in either Welsh or English.
When you have completed the form please send it by post to: George Kay, MBKA Treasurer, Bryn-y-Groes, Bontddu, Dolgellau,Gwynedd, LL40 2UP.
If you would like more information you can send an email to George Kay, or you can call him on 01341 430219.
Membership of MBKA provides a number of useful resources:
- Get help and advice from other members
- Attend ‘Home Visits’ and gain practical experience from other members’ hives
- Visit our apiary and gain practical experience from members of the apiary team
- Access to the MBKA book and DVD library
- Use of MBKA equipment
- Affiliation to the Welsh Beekeepers’ Association – benefits include: a quarterly magazine, third party and bee disease insurance. Please note: The cover for both insurances ends when your membership expires on 31 December. A condition of the insurers is that new cover does not commence until the day your membership subscription is received by the MBKA. Also, your BDI will be invalid if you have more colonies than the number for which you are insured. For more information on BDI contact George Kay on 01341 430219.
Books and DVDs:
For an up-to-date list of books and DVDs available to members click here. To borrow a copy contact Paul Aslin on 01341 250882.
The following equipment is available to members:
- 9 frame electric radial spinner, 9 frame manual radial spinner & two 4 frame manual radial spinners
- Heather press
- Candlemaking equipment
- 2 mircoscopes and a refractometer
- Bee suits – short term loan only
- Video Projector & Display Boards for bee related presentations only.
- To borrow equipment contact John & Sue Townsend on 01341 430262.
To borrow equipment contact Lisa Butler on 07930 845138.